“Please don’t keep Petals & Stems a secret from your friends. Do them a favor. Most customers think everyone has a Florist. Sadly, the majority of people don’t. When you’re talking with your friends about flowers, gifts and parties, please feel free to mention Petals & Stems and give them a chance to meet us. Maybe we can help them as much as we helped you.”
Top Ten Reasons to Order from a "Real" Local Florist
1. Ensure Maximum Value
- Save on extra service fees by cutting out the middleman.
2. Speak Directly To The Florist Who Is Filling Your Order
- Find out what flowers and plants are in stock, what looks particularly good, or whether any blooming plants may be planted outdoors later.
- Have a custom design created to your specifications.
3. Communicate Special Requests Directly
- Does the recipient have any favorite flowers? Any dislikes?
- Should the recipient be called prior to delivery?
- Is the recipient hard of hearing, or slow answering the door?
- Is one entrance better than another?
4. Select Additional Gift Items
- Many flower shops also carry unique gift lines, such as candy, potpourri, figurines, plush animals or candles, which can be added to your order or sent independently.
5. Get Same-Day Delivery - If Possible
- By phoning the local florist directly, find out if same-day delivery is possible. Calling early improves the chances.
6. Pay Accurate and Appropriate Delivery Charges - No More, No Less
- Pay the right local delivery fee without having it deducted from the value of your order.
- A delivery to a location close to the shop may not cost as much as one farther away. Only the local florist knows.
- Some locations, such as gated communities or certain businesses may require an additional charge.
7. Familiarity With Local Delivery Regulations
- Hospitals, funeral homes, schools and businesses may have delivery cut-off times or size limitations.
- Hospitals in particular often limit the size, quantity, or types of balloons that can be delivered.
8. Familiarity With Local Funeral Customs
- In some areas a standing spray of flowers is customary, while in others a basket of flowers is most appropriate.
- In smaller towns, a local florist may know what has already been ordered or sent to the funeral, and can then help you choose something different.
9. Establish A Relationship With The Flower Shop For Future Orders
- Join a mailing list for email newsletters or seasonal offers.
- Many shops offer a reminder service for sending flowers at special occasions.
Only nine reasons, you ask? The tenth is simple and universal:
10. Everyone Loves To Receive Flowers!